The 21 teams in the tournament are split across 4 groups and across 2 regions - Central & North.
- There are 4 groups - comprising 3 groups of 5 teams and 1 group of 6 teams
- Each team plays 4 Group Matches
- The TOP team from each group progresses automatically to the 'Quarter Finals'
- The next best 2 teams from each group will progress to the 'Qualifying Finals' played on the 9th of Feb.
- All teams 1-12 will be ranked at the conclusion of the Group Stage to determine ranking and fixtures for the knock-out round
The Knock-out Format:
Each year, Infinity Cricket has innovated and adopted knock-out formats that are tailored and suitable for the number of participating teams.
It is our intention to provide a competitive structure, where teams place pride in their performances over the Group stages and the overall position in the Group becomes important.
However, we also want to ensure a reasonable number of teams from the Group Stage have the opportunity to progress to the 'knock-out' stages of the tournament, should their performances warrant it.
It is for this reason that in this tournament - the top 12 teams from the Group Stage will have the opportunity to progress to the knock-out stage of the competition.
How it works
|9th Feb||Match ID|
|5 v 12||(8)|
|6 v 11||(7)|
|7 v 10||(6)|
|8 v 9||(5)|
Teams 1-4 automatically qualify to the Quarter Finals by virtue of finishing on top of the Group
|16th Feb||Match ID|
|1 v 8||(1)|
|2 v 7||(2)|
|3 v 6||(3)|
|4 v 5||(4)|
|23rd Feb||Match ID|
|1 v 4||(1)|
|2 v 3||(2)|
|1 v 2|