It is a requirement that all umpires appointed by Infinity Cricket are professional, punctual and positive. It is expected that all umpires have a sound working knowledge of the tournament rules and regulations.
When umpiring in the Infinity T20 Cricket Tournament, umpires have a responsibility to uphold the spirit of the cricket, make sound decisions and always represent the brand in a positive manner.
Whilst encouraging up and coming umpires, we wish to ensure that the tournament has a high standard of umpiring. For this reason, umpire performances will be constantly monitored by Infinity Cricket management as well as reviews from captains.
- Knowledge and application of the tournament rules and regulations
- Consistency in decision making
- Punctuality at matches
- Being suitably attired
- Being attentive and alert at all times
- Correct completion of and submission of paperwork (i.e 'General Umpire Match report')
- Professionalism - your behaviour should set an example and be positive & supportive.
- Ability to handle pressure situations and diffuse any on/off-field incidents
- Ensure safety of all players, participants and spectators
- Clear communication with colleagues, captains, players and Infinity Cricket Management